Main Content

Home » Newport Coast

Newport Coast

Newport Beach is home to many great communities, and Newport Coast is one of the most sought after. This affluent enclave was annexed by the city in 2001 and lies between Corona Del Mar and the Crystal Cove State Park.

Developed by the Irvine Company, Newport Coast and its gated communities exemplify world-class master-planning. This means wide, spacious roads, plenty of green spaces, and easy access to daily conveniences. And as the community’s name implies, many homes offer great views of the majestic Pacific Ocean.

The gated communities here feature some of the most luxurious amenities that residents can enjoy. Crystal Cove, for example, uses just 25% of its total area for homes and reserves the remaining 75% to open spaces. Here, homeowners can enjoy an unhindered view of the sun-drenched hillside and take in the refreshing Pacific breeze. And its close proximity to the Crystal Cove State Park means you have access to 2,400 acres of lush outdoor space.

Pelican Hill, meanwhile, is nestled on elevated terrain, giving homes stunning 360-degree views of the nearby ocean. Living here also means gaining access to three award-winning golf courses. The community is also home to The Resort at Pelican Hill, one of the most opulent hotels in the county.

Students here are served by the Newport-Mesa Unified School District, which supervises the excellent Newport Coast Elementary School. Many parents also choose to send their kids to private schools such as Sage Hill School. Residents also have easy access to some of the country’s top universities, including UC Irvine and Pepperdine University.

Real Estate in Newport Coast

As one of the most coveted addresses in Orange County, many communities in Newport Coast were sold out soon after they were launched. In fact, some gated communities were built with fewer than 100 homes. Most homes on the market here are resales and there are very few vacant lots available.

That said, there are a variety of properties available for interested buyers. The most affordable entry point to Newport Coast are the condominiums and apartments. If you want to live large, however, there are more than a few palatial homes to choose from.

Home sizes also vary widely, though tend to be on the bigger end of the spectrum. A typical condo unit, for instance, measures about 1,000 square feet and has two bedrooms. Single-detached homes, meanwhile, are about 4,000 square feet on average.

Not surprisingly, home prices here fetch top dollar. Condos typically cost in the mid-high six figures, while traditional homes are listed in the mid-seven to eight-figure range.

Attractions

  • Balboa Island

    Hop on to Balboa Island and take a scenic walk along Marine Avenue, which is home to cafes, restaurants, and several retail stores.

  • Upper Newport Bay Ecological Reserve

    This 752-acre property is home to a salt marsh, mudflat, and marine habitats. As such, many birds flock here, making it an ideal birding site. It’s also the perfect venue for hiking, fishing, and canoeing.

  • Crystal Cove State Park

    With 3.2 miles of untouched beach, underwater wonders, and 2,400 acres of wild backcountry, Crystal Cove lets you experience the OC coast at its most pristine. The park also includes a historic district.

Newport Coast Homes for Sale


Sorry we are experiencing system issues. Please try again.